together we can
At the heart of LP4Y lies a deep-seated concern with the catastrophic situation facing a growing number of excluded Youth worldwide, as illustrated by a study carried out in the field. It turns out that these excluded Young Adults, who have managed to survive life in the streets have done so by developing some of the same skills as entrepreneurs. This became apparent to LP4Y’s founders over the course of one year spent visiting major cities in 23 different countries. And all these Young need is a place where they can learn to channel those skills, allowing them to become active members of a decent world.
A group of friends, entrepreneurs and young people, in Europe and the USA, came together to create Life Project for Youth, an organization which is 100% dedicated to the integration of young excluded victims of extreme poverty. They decided to create Life Project Centers (LPCs) - incubators for entrepreneurial projects, close to the heart of slum areas, where excluded Young Adults receive all necessary support as they make their way towards social and professional inclusion.
Young victims of exclusion CAN develop their Life Project, as long as someone offers them a smile, a look of confidence, a supportive word, some space.
Life Project 4 Youth’s mission is the social and professional insertion of impoverished Young Adults living in exclusion.
July 4th, 2009
- LP4Y is founded in France and Belgium
- The first Life Project Center opens in Manila
- Publication of the first newsletter “Together We Can!”
- Life Project Centers open in Cebu (My Craft) and Quezon City (Natural Health Care)
- 4th Life Project Center in the Philippines opens in Tondo
- Launch of the Action Tank Youth 4 Change Network
- Switch to 2 programs per Life Project Center
- Planning of a training center for coaches and coordinators in Asia.
- Development of Portraits : a book + an exhibition + a web TV
- LP4Y expands to Indonesia and Vietnam
- 2 Life Project Centers open in Jakarta
- LP4Y intranet is developed
- “Portraits” exhibition is available in Europe
- Publication of our 3rd study on world Youth exclusion
- Portraits exhibition continues in Europe
- Conferences in the US
- LP4Y expands to India (Delhi)
- Expansion of the LPCs in Jakarta, Ho Chi Minh City and Hanoi
- Ground broken at the Green Village Calauan, Philippines
- LP4Y programs kick off in India (New Delhi and Kolkata), as a wing of Tomorrow's Foundation
- New Little Angel Nursery opens in Tondo, Manila (Philippines)
- STARS Club opens in Vietnam
- Foundation of the LP4Y Alliance legal structure
- Youth Inclusion Network launched in the Philippines
- Youth 4 Change Network has a legal structure
- Publication of "Scarred by Life: Transformations at the Heart of Exclusion", by Lucie Taurines
- 2d edition of the YIN in Manila
- Opening of new Life Project Centers in Mumbai (India) and Cagayan de Oro (Philippines)
- Creation of the Green Village 2 in Raipur (Chhattisgarh, India)
- 3rd forum of the Youth 4 Change Network in Paris
- LP4Y opens new Life Project Centers in Chennai and Bangalore, India
- Needs assessment in Katmandu, Nepal
- 4th edition of the Youth 4 Change Network in Paris and Brussels
- 3rd edition of the YIN Philippines and Creation of the YIN Vietnam